Respect for private life
The Federation of foster families and intermediate resources of Quebec (FFARIQ) attaches great importance to the protection of personal information. The FFARIQ undertakes to apply all the necessary measures to ensure the protection of privacy as well as the confidentiality of personal information collected, transmitted, held, used, communicated, retained or destroyed.
By consulting and using the FFARIQ site as well as its affiliated sites and microsites *, the user consents that these are able to collect, use and store information in accordance with this policy and as authorized. or required by law.
* Affiliate sites and microsites:
- ffariq.org et ffariq.ca
- VotreEspace.ffariq.org et VotreEspace.ffariq.ca
Types of sites and microsites: Information – Membership – Extranet – Training
- The personal data that we will collect
- Use of collected data
- Who has access to the data collected
- The rights of users of the site and microsites
- The cookies policy of the site and microsites
This policy complies with the laws set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Personal data we collect
Data collected automatically
When you visit and use our site or any of the affiliated microsites, we may automatically collect and retain the following information:
- The domain name of the Internet provider (eg: “compagnie.com” if the Internet user uses a private Internet access account and the IP address.) In general, an IP address is a unique number assigned to a computer when it is connected to the Internet and it allows the documents intended for that computer to be sent without errors.
- Language and browser type
- Type of device used
- Pages of the site or microsite consulted and the duration of these consultations
- Date and time of access to the site or microsite
- country of residence
- Address of the referring site if the user accesses the site or microsite from another website (for example via a social network platform)
- All other data collected by the audience analysis tool Google Analytics
These informations are required due to the technological requirements inherent in surfing the Internet. They are used only to keep statistics over the use of our site or microsite and to improve the browsing experience. This information is in no way used to collect, communicate or exchange user lists.
Data collected in a non-automatic way
Depending on the site or microsite visited, we collect the following data and information when the user completes the subscription, membership, registration or order form:
- First Name
- Last Name
- File number
- Phone number
- Address, region
- Facility Name
How we use personal data
Personal data collected on our site or microsite will be used only for the purposes specified in this policy or indicated on the relevant pages of our site or microsite. We will not use your data beyond what we disclose.
The data we collect automatically is used for the following purposes:
- Contact users when registering for training, activities, e-newsletters, events.
- Payment of registrations or memberships.
Who we share personal data with
We may disclose user data to any member of our organization so that they reasonably achieve the purposes set out in this policy.
We undertake not to sell or share your data with third parties, except in the following cases:
- if the law requires it
- if it is required for any legal proceedings
- to prove or protect our legal rights
- to buyers or potential buyers of this company in the case that we seek to sell the company
If you follow hyperlinks from our site or microsite to another site, please note that we are not responsible and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How long we store personal data
We do not store user data beyond what is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
How we protect your personal data
In order to protect your security, we use the SSL security protocol.
All data stored in our system is well secured and can only be accessed by our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that our user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your rights as a user
As a user, you have the right to access all of your personal data that we have collected. In addition, you have the right to update or correct any personal data in our possession provided it is acceptable under the law.
You can choose to withdraw or change your consent to the collection and use of data at any time, provided it is legally acceptable to do so and you notify us within a reasonable time.
How to modify, delete or contest the data collected
If you would like your information to be deleted or modified in any way, please contact our privacy officer here: firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file stored on a user’s hard drive by the website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits.
We use the following types of cookies on our site or microsite:
- Functional cookies
Cookies are required for the proper functioning of the website or microsite.
If you have any questions for us, please do not hesitate to contact us:
1 866 529-5868 or email@example.com
8400, boul. Henri-Bourrassa, office A-212,
Quebec (QC), G1G4E2, Canada
Effective date: September 20, 2021